Thursday, December 27, 2012

The amazing friday the 21th



I haven't written on here for about three weeks now. The reason for this is that I have been busy, unfortunately not with artwork. I have been working full-time on a telephone job for three weeks. I thought telephone work would be one of the worst jobs to do.. To be honest, I don't dislike it at all. It feels very organised and I honestly feel helpful. And it helps pay my rent. In the new year luckily I'll have more time to go back to my studio, I look forward to it very much.

And now onto more interesting stuff. I wonder how all of you experienced the 21th of december? I had been looking forward to it for a long time now, I anticipated it would kind of be like a climax, something heavy. I desired to feel it. I planned to go to a ceremony and a party that evening.
I guess I wanted to shape that day way too much, it didn't go the way I imagined it, at all. Firstly, I got sick in the morning. Then as the day went on, I was so tired that I just wanted to sleep. I didn't go to the party. I didn't make time to meditate and feel the energy as I thought I would surely do. The day just went by and even if I didn't feel as 'normal', I didn't feel the things I hoped I would feel.
I did have some crazy colourful dreams and in the weekend I thought I could feel everything a lot more intensely. I imagine all days from now on to be 'the days after the 21th', but I'm not sure if that is really important. And we're already rapidly approaching 2013. Time is flying and like every year, that somehow makes me panic a bit. The time goes! I need to do so many more things! I have so much I still want to do!
So what was your friday the 21th like? Do you feel like the days feel different now? And did you dream of butterflies as well?

4 comments:

Lisette said...

Oke, ook hier een reactie. Ik herken me heel erg in dat benauwende gevoel van de tijd die aan je voorbij raast.. het lijkt alleen maar erger te worden. Ik heb het idee dat ik mezelf er bewuster van moet maken dat de tijd zo snel gaat. Maar een paniekerig gevoel je laten overnemen helpt daar juist niet bij, dat zet je eerder stil ben ik achter. Een bewust gevoel kan misschien wel helpen, maarja, hoe geef je daar dan vervolgens vorm aan...?

Dorien Ruben said...

Ik denk zelf dat het heel belangrijk is om je erbij neer te leggen. Go with the flow. In deze maatschappij wordt je van alle kanten gepusht om heel productief te zijn en veel te doen op een dag, om veel van jezelf te eisen. Als je dat dan ook doet is het inderdaad heel frustrerend om de tijd voorbij te zien vliegen. Mij helpt het om dit los te laten en gewoon tevreden te zijn. Het is okee zoals het gaat.
Ik moet wel zeggen dat dit me niet altijd even goed lukt.. Ik kan toch behoorlijk balen als de tijd weer stiekem is langsgeglipt.. Maar daar word ik ook niet sneller van dus t helpt niet.. ;)
En als ik me overgeef merk ik dat de dingen gaan zoals ze zouden moeten gaan, misschien zelfs beter dan hoe ik ze in mijn hoofd gepland had.

Lisette said...

Dat klinkt goed :) en dat gaat denk ik inderdaad ook wel op. Het is fijn om naar iets toe te werken (een soort doel) maar om jezelf daar wel de tijd voor te geven, en dat je al die 'tussenstappen' niet heel snel en heel perfect hoeft te doen. Zoiets? haha ;)

Dorien Ruben said...

Ja, het is wel fijn om te weten waar je ongeveer heen wilt ;) En doelen stellen is misschien ook wel handig.. maar geef jezelf de tijd.. En focusen op 1 ding wil ook wel helpen.. ;)