Sunday, April 29, 2012

Our current way of living will become impossible.
And this is VERY GOOD NEWS.

Just in case we'll not all die because of a zombie invasion in the next few years.. We might need to think about how to feed everyone when oil gets more expensive (like almost everything we do and have today, our agricultural system is very dependent on oil). You might not want to think about this, since it seems like another message of impending doom where there is nothing you can do about it.

I'm rather fascinated by this question: How can we make sure we have something to eat and a place to live, without trashing the earth like we do now? How can we live in the future with all the problems our todays way of living has caused? Well, we just continue the way we do now, with some small adjustments to wipe up the mess?
I don't think so.
You might not believe me, but I think we can't live the way we do now and I think it is VERY GOOD NEWS.

I recently saw a BBC documentary called 'A farm for the future'. I really recommend you watch it, since (a.) it's just very interesting and (b.) it shows that change can look hell of a lot like heaven.

No comments: