Friday, February 22, 2013

Safety net

I am thinking about doing more traveling this year, or WWOOF-ing, actually. (If you have never heard of it, go check out their website, since it is an amazing opportunity to travel, have a 'cheap vacation' and meet really great, interesting people. In short; there is en enormous list of addresses all over the world where you can work a few hours a day for food and a place to sleep.) I'm thinking about going to Sweden, but I have no clue yet where in Sweden or when exactly I will go. Or for how long. While I am figuring that out (or I'm letting it come to me) I am also thinking about my house.
Right now, I live in two small rooms in a student house. While it is not too expensive now, it might be when I am away, traveling, so I have been thinking about getting rid of most of my things and leaving. I don't like this place anyway, so 'security' is my only reason to stay.
Having no house to go home to scares me quite a bit. A house is sort of a safety net, but right now, it is also a thing preventing me from going and doing what I most want.

When I graduated last year I thought; I am free now, not attached to anything. I have no big (financial) obligations, no-one to take care of. I'll make sure it stays that way, so I am free to go and do whatever I want to do. I want to make my art, go out into the world and research permaculture and living together in groups, travel a bit. Now I am able to do this, but I am a bit afraid to take the leap. I still think of reasons why I shouldn't be able to go, but I realise now I am the only one holding me back. If there is a time to do it, it is now.

"Leap, and the net will appear."

No comments: