Friday, January 18, 2013

Quick january update

Just a quick update to let you all know what I'm up to!



I am still working a part time telephone-job, filing complaints (and I still think it is fun). Believe it or not, but it is quite rewarding. A lot of people thank me for calling and are happy that I listen to their stories of busses being late.

I am also making plans for 2013.. There will be several projects I'm diving into this year. Of course there is The Greenman Project, I posted about this not too long ago. Our website will be up very soon.
For now you can find us over on facebook over here.
I'm volunteering at a large permaculture garden too. The season hasn't started yet, of course, so for now we are just planning, choosing seeds and thinking of exciting projects.. We have been thinking about what would happen if we would just give food away for free. Gardens give abundance.. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could share that and let people know that money doesn't need to be involved all the time? I think some people would actually be shocked to be given things like this for free. I hope we can inspire people to give things away more and not always expect something in return. Imagine what the world would look like..

And then, of course, there is all the visual work I want to create. I freed next week of most chores and appointments and will dive into the artwork for the book "Stories from a different world" by Ana Magdalena Zainea..
Exciting, exciting!!

What are your most exciting plans for this year? Building an eco-village? (I honestly have heard many people thinking about doing this..) Graduating? Learning and doing new things? Meeting new people? Or do you plan on a 2013 without any plans?

2 comments:

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Dorien,

Great to meet you. I love the idea of produce being given away -- I keep telling my father he should set yp a free stall in front of his house....

I agree, it could change the world for the better if we were to give without expecting anything in return. Giving is its own reward. Cliched but true!

All the best
Sandra

Dorien Ruben said...

Hello Sandra,
Great to meet you too!! :)
A free stall would be wonderful! And it's true.. it was tested that when you give something, you tend to feel happier (chemically) than when you receive something.
I also notice that when I give away without worrying about not having enough myself, I get other things, just like that, whenever I need it the most.
When I'm short on money, I get invited by friends for a talk and a hot meal.. When I realise I could use some extra clothes, there are friends that are getting rid of old clothes and ask me if I could use any of it.. And there is many more surprising examples.. There is so much abundance, if only you think in terms of abundance. (if you know what I mean..)
Love to you too!
Dorien