Monday, September 16, 2013

About love

I am in love, I think. However, sometimes I doubt if I have ever been in love, if 'love' is maybe something more intense, something bigger than I have ever experienced.
Maybe I have loved a moment. That intense feeling of awe and thankfulness when you overlook a sunset in nature, surrounded by friends.

It is tempting to allow myself to wallow in this intense longing, for it feels magnificent and hurts at the same time, but I try not to. I try to let go and focus on my own path. Is this the right thing to do, or am I dismissing the foolish, reckless, addictive behaviour that love needs? Should I be foolish?
I have noticed that receiving love from someone else triggers the addict in me. I stop focusing on loving myself and instead point my arrows on the people around me. GIVE ME LOVE! GIVE ME LOVE!



No comments: